From Vanguard Wiki
 Current Writ System
Implemented on March 28, 2007, Writs were re-introduced into the Diplomacy sphere. Called simply Writs, they are a type of diplomacy quest.
Eventually writs will exist in the nine diplomatic centers. At launch, only three had been implemented. The current list of active Writ cities are:
Writs are also being planned for, but not yet implemented in:
150 Diplomacy Skill
500 Diplomatic Prestige faction for the city issuing the writ.
150 Presence in various stations, as required in the writ itself.
 Getting a Writ
To get a writ, you must spawn a writ giver. Generally this is done by going to a specific room or area in the city, which is usually found near the Diplomatic Focus Point. There are two types of writ related NPCs in this area, placeholders and writ givers. Placeholders will require 150 Noble Presence and have a skill rating varying from 150 to 230, and have a single Interview parley option. Once defeated, they will leave the area and despawn. They will then be replaced either by another placeholder or the writ giver.
Writ givers will always be 150 skill, and require 150 Noble Presence. They will have a single Interview parley option. Defeating the writ giver in parley will then open you to their writ, which is displayed with the Gold Quest shield like any other quest. Accepting the quest will cause the writ giver to leave the area and despawn within 1 minute.
A PC may only have one writ at a time, though it is possible to defeat multiple writ givers and have several options for writs open at once. However, once a writ is selected, other writ offerings will dissapear.
Specific Places and NPC Names by city:
- Ahgram houses its writ related NPCs in the Chamber of Petition. Placeholders are called ?. Writ givers are named ?.
- Bordinar’s Cleft houses its writ related NPCs in the Chamber of Petition. Placeholders are called ?. Writ givers are named ?.
- Ca’ial Brael houses its writ related NPCs in the Antechamber of the Sun. This is the upper level of the Hall of Warden. Placeholders are called Envoys and Petitioners. Writ givers are all named Speaker (something) and have a subtitle Speaker of the (something).
- Leth Nurae houses its writ related NPCs in the Throne Room of Florendyl Palace. Placeholders are called ?. Writ givers are named ?.
 Currently Placed Writs
The following writs are already in play, originating in the following cities.
 Bordinar’s Cleft
 Ca’ial Brael
 Leth Nurae
 Writ Rewards
- Faction is gained, primarily with the writ’s originating city and its related foreign visitation zone.
- Skill raises can occur while getting or working on a writ.
- Completion of the Writ will allow a choice from a small number of facets.
 What Writs Do Not Give You
You will not get any of the following from working on writs:
 Former Writ Information
Writs are special, randomly spawned diplomacy quests.
To engage in the Writ system you must have:
 Obtaining a Writ
To obtain a Writ, you must parley with a Writ Giver, who is a special, randomly spawned NPC found near city diplomacy Focus Points.
- Each major city possesses nine Writ Givers, who offer different kinds of Writs.
- After you have parleyed with the Writ Giver, they will despawn.
- Writ Givers have placeholder spawns, and parleying with them will cause them to despawn and increase the likelihood that a Writ Giver will spawn.
 Types of Writ
Writs are divided into two broad categories:
- Travelling Writs
- Internal City Writs
 Travelling Writs
Travelling Writs are centred around Adventuring and Crafting and require you to travel to another city on the continent, normally stopping in the zones in between to do a number of parleys.
 Internal Writs
This writ type has not been implemented in game.
The three types of Internal Writs are:
- Legal - representing the King or government
- Favor - representing an individual or family
- Illegal - representing the criminal element or other nefarious groups in the area
 Writ Rewards
Among the rewards you receive from Travelling Writs:
- Prestige Faction in the city you are travelling TO.
- Some money
- A special item specific to the Writ Giver.
- Local Faction in the city you are travelling TO.
For Internal Writs:
Internal Writs are a large source of Prestige Faction, Faction, Diplomacy Clothing,
and Diplomacy Abilities. Some of these quests come with built-in faction hits
(mostly the illegal ones), so you need to plan accordingly! Aruspex
 Writ Locations
The cities that will eventually have Writs in them: